You know how cats are supposed to be the most sleek and graceful and aloof and judgmental animals? My cat is the clumsiest cat in the world. I think he should at least be able to walk across my couch without falling off it. I actually think I may have adopted a 3-month-old puppy in a cat’s body. Evidence:
- He brings me toys to throw for him so he can fetch
- If I throw a toy within reach of him he will catch it in midair
- He occasionally picks up my house slippers in his mouth and carries them around
- He doesn’t go off on his own. He follows me from room to room. When I take a bath, he sleeps on the bathmat until I get out. Then he licks the water off my feet.
- If I’ve been out of the house for more than a quick trip to the car, he greets me at the door, follows me around meowing, and then flops down in front of me for a belly rub
- I have a sectional couch, and even after living here for six months he still can’t manage to walk across it without accidentally stepping in the holes between the sections and losing his balance. He falls off my bed a lot too, and occasionally shelves.
- When he stayed at my sister’s house for a couple of weeks while I was in Raleigh, I personally witnessed him voluntarily sitting inside her roommate’s dog’s crate and sleeping in the dog’s bed.