The pin curls came out unimaginably poorly
It really looked like I had just teased my hair for hours with hairspray and a comb
Apparently next time I need to use something called “curl defining creme?”
Anyway, just normal cute hair instead of special cute hair for me today
I’ve been getting tired of my hair. Three years with the same haircut is a long time for me. Very seriously considering ditching the long hair and straight bangs and going with a Carey Mulligan longish pixie for a while. (The best part is that you can grow it out into this if it doesn’t work!)
Halloween costumes! Bowie was Saturday night, the Penguin (from the Blues Brothers) was Sunday night.
My dear friend Christine tagged me on her blog to answer 8 questions of her choosing. I love my friends and I love talking about myself, so what could be more perfect! I don’t know enough people with blogs to tag 8 more, but if you find this interesting, feel free to answer the questions yourself and let me know! Then we can all pretend I did this the right way.
1. If you had to move to a different city tomorrow, where would you choose to live?
Well, I’d be loathe to move out of the South, mostly because I love the weather too much. So I might go to Raleigh-Durham or Charlotte (I love North Carolina). If I had the money for it, I’d love to live in DC, so that would be a top choice. But I think the prize would have to go to Denver. Beautiful state, liberal citizens, skiing nearby, and plenty of potential for growth. Denver has always been one of my favorite cities.
2. What is your favorite soundtrack (Broadway, movie, television show, etc.)?
My nostalgic heart still loves the soundtrack to 10 Things I Hate About You. I feel like that movie defined my rapidly developing 9th-grade taste in music in many ways. And of course, there’s the soundtrack to the Beatles’ A Hard Day’s Night. Otherwise, I’m more of an album person than a soundtrack junkie, but there are some musicals I love, even if I don’t have them on my iTunes. Newsies, the Sound of Music, and of course Mulan.
3. Do you make your bed every single day?
More like once a month, when I wash my sheets.
4. What is the DVD you watched most recently?
I watched both Corpse Bride and Ghostbusters for the first time on Friday! I know, I know…Ghostbusters.
5. Do you have a “signature dish” that you cook/bake/etc? If so, what is it?
I try new recipes all the time, so really, no—but I do make gingerbread cookies every year. I have been trying to make people think of them as my signature dish since high school, but so far it isn’t happening.
6. What was the last song or album you purchased from iTunes?
I will have to get back to you on this one (I’m at work) but I think it may have been the new self-titled Interpol album.
7. If you had to give up chocolate or peanut butter, which would you choose? Why?
Definitely peanut butter. I love it but I love chocolate WAY more.
8. Were you good at tag as a child? Why did you agree to play this little version of tag?
Was I good at tag…I guess you can probably be bad at tag, but can you be super good at it? I guess I was average at tag. And I did this version because I miss when we used to do stuff like this on Livejournal.
All right, here are my 8 questions for anyone who wants to continue this:
- What is your biggest guilty pleasure right now?
- What is the most embarrassing thing you are willing to admit to doing recently?
- Do you collect anything, and if so, what and why?
- What dead celebrity do you have a crush on? Everyone has one of these (and I have scads!)
- One of my favorite party questions: what celebrity would you change your sexual orientation for (if you consider yourself oriented to one sex over the other)?
- What was/is your favorite pet?
- What’s the best thing you’ve ever written?
- What is your current desktop background, and why?
One day I decided to enumerate my talents. This is what I came up with:
- Writing good papers
- Thinking of synonyms
- Making Sims that look like celebrities
- Finding free parking places
- Dressing myself (sometimes)
- Eyebrow grooming
- Figuring out what celebrities people look like
Yay, it’s my 23rd birthday! Now if I could just get rid of this pesky cough..